Thursday, August 13, 2009

Taking a Break


... waiting for the bear to get off its back...

Well, not that I haven't already, but I'm just putting this up here in case any of my few avid readers checks on my blog often-- that is, I'll be taking a break from blogging on both stocks and politics. Although I have more free time than ever, I've got a lot of things on my mind right now.

While I've been trying to figure out what in the world is going on in the markets (it's just a parabolic shoot up?!), and thus trying to take a step back and re-evaluate my trading, I'm also trying to find the direction for my career/life. Not sure what my next step is for now, so just trying to close up some loose ends.

But fear not, this blog will be back, with a cosmetic change (already made some changes already)! I'm looking for a return sometime early September. Hopefully by then, some normalcy will have returned to the markets and I'll have a refreshed mind to short this sucker to the ground. For the time being, check out excellent Taiwan blogs on the right side of the page- I just added two more blogs on Taiwan to the blogroll, Talk Taiwan, In Claudia Jean's Eyes, as well as DaHwa News 大話新聞 (Unofficial). The DaHwa News blog is not the official blog of the talk show, but it provides a lot of good media on there, including links to the actual program.

Lastly, for those who have been following my EWT trade, it is pretty much a goner now, but I've still got a couple months left on those options. Although the price action has not gone against me that much, the time-decay in the options is just sucking the life out of them. I don't know if it's just EWT or what, but it has experienced (in my view) significant theta decay compared to other options I've held before. Perhaps a thinly traded ETF like EWT should be shorted via the underlying stock. My view remains the same, a break above $11.50 +/- change would cancel my bearishness on EWT. As always, my chart:



P.S. If you somehow didn't notice my new banner up top, you can hopefully still see my blog inscription (along with thousands of other writings) at the Eluanbi Park (鵝鑾鼻) in Kenting. There's a viewing point up there near the "Kissing Rocks" tourist spot (just continue up the stairs from there!), where you can catch a glimpse of Taiwan's shoreline as well as a nice place to sit and relax and enjoy the view (if there aren't hordes of people there). If you ever happen to pass through there and snap a photo of it, I would be delighted to hear from you!

No comments: