Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lock and Load...

This message is being sent to all students with the approval of the UW
Police Department.

Timely Warning Notification of a Criminal Incident - Seattle Campus
04/17/09
University Way Shooting Incident

This message to members of the University community is being sent in the
interest of public safety and in compliance with federal law requiring
timely warning notification of crimes committed on or near campus.

On April 17, 2009 at 8:45 p.m., two men with no known affiliation to the
University of Washington had an altercation in the 4200 block of University
Way Northeast. During the altercation one of the individuals shot the other
in the face. The victim sustained an injury to the jaw area of his face and
was transported to Harborview Medical Center.

Witnesses called 911 and Seattle Police and paramedics responded. The
suspect ran southbound from the scene and was not found. No additional
information is available at this time. This incident is being investigated
by the Seattle Police Department. If you have any additional information
about this crime, please call Seattle Police at 206-684-5550.

University Police advises students to be cautious and aware of their
surroundings at night in the District.

Remember this post back in November of last year? Besides a few predictions on the stock market, one of which was wrong (lower lows in 2009), and the other of which was right (lower lows after Obama inauguration), I also mentioned how things might start to deteriorate in terms of safety and civility in our neighborhoods. Specifically, I wrote:

The warning signs are all there, if you don't prepare yourselves, well truly I can say you deserve it. People have been laughing in a way when I say I'm thinking about getting a gun- but I'm serious. When people start losing massive amounts of money, no jobs to be obtained, and a trip to the grocery starts becoming as expensive as a PS3, there will be civil unrest. And when you get that, you get problems. No, that does not mean I'm going to become a vigilante maverick, but you never know in an environment like that when you may need that kind of protection.

I might have some hoops to jump through in order to get a gun when I get back to the states, but it's something that is definitely on my list of things to do when I'm back. Especially with the Democrats and their fascination of disregard for the 2nd amendment. Anyways, it has been no surprise to me to see these types of e-mails increase in frequency, and also the seriousness of the attacks increase over the past year. Any UW student can attest to this.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've sort of been busy here in Taiwan. I'll try to start updating more again. There's a large protest happening in May, and I hope to be there for that one. :)

No comments: